Documentation is the main cause of transit problem. If your document is properly maintained, you will get immediate and quick action. New York Cargo verifies and maintains all required document so that your consignment will not be delayed due to document. We prepare fully computerized documents and council the necessary document importing and exporting all consignment. Proactively. Managed documents eliminate 90% Hassles in operation.
Procedure for Exporting Commercial GoodsThe customers or the suppliers must duly compplete the Information Form & complete other documentation for preparing the shipment. Then we will asign an unique NYC.REF NO (New York Cargo reference No.) and S.B.NO (Shipment Booking No.). This process is expected to take 15-20 minutes.
- A copy of the customer's passport of citizenship must be filed with the shipping documents.
- If a customer wants to use us (New York Traders and Exporters/) as the shipper, then traveller's cheque or foreign currency has to be deposited into our account which should be equivalent to purchase price of intended goods. Once we have been provided an advance payment certificate from the bank, you will be provided Nepalese rupees to commence your buying. This procedure is obligatory for export. Either you can pay your suppliers direct or we can pay them on your behalf.
- If a customer wants to be a shipper, he/she must be present along with passport while clearing the Nepalse customs and has to provide us the foreign currency exchange receipt from the bank, which should be an equivalent to the goods you have purchased.
- In order to pick up goods, a customer has to fill out a Pick-up Form provided by New York Cargo and has to inform us at least 24 hrs. in advance. New York Cargo will pick up the goods from the supplier's shop, factory, warehouse or hotel. Deliveries from outside addresses will not be accepted.
- When New York Traders and Exporters is the shipper, New York Cargo must do all the packing of your goods in our warehouse.
- We will only accept goods that are accompanied by a supplier's bill with supplier's name, company name, address, customer's name and duly stamped by the supplier. If a customer has no bill for the goods which he/she has purchased from different suppliers, then he/she has to fill the Invoice provided by New York Cargo.
- You are required to inform us of fragile items as they may require special attention/packaging.
- Handling charges for your goods depend on the types of goods and your packaging requirements.
Procedure and Documents
- Customs Declaration Form
- Commercial Invoice.
- Certificate of Origin from local Chamber of Commerce.
- GSP form 'A'. If applicable. (Required for some contries)
- Copy of a letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank
- Foreign Exchange Declaration form of Nepal Restra Bank. (Central Bank of Nepal )
- Packing List
- Copy of Firm/Company registration Certificate.
- Copy of income tax registration certificate.
- Airway Bill
- Letter of authority to clear the consignment.
- Certificate for garments item for EU countries from Export Council of Nepal.
- Visa authorization certificate from Garment Visa Office of National Productivity and Development Centre for the export of garments to USA and Canada .
- Certification on invoice from the Handicraft Association for Nepalese handicraft goods and silver products.
All the above documents, except No.10, and in addition, the following documents are required for export to third country by sea freight.
- Transport manifesto, one copy per truck.
- Customs transit declarations.
- Transit declaration invoice for goods in transit via India/Bangladesh to third country destinations.