Name: Tribhuvan International Airport
- Loading/Unloading equipment
- Forklift, High loader, transporter, Conveyor belt.
- Storage facilities available; first 3 days free.
- Customs clearance of life saving drugs, newspapers and magazines, perishable goods and shipments belonging to the Government Offices can be done on the day of arrival. All other shipments will be processed for customs clearance on the second day after arrival only.
- Unaccompanied baggage will not be cleared with accompanied baggage.
Cargo destined for other stations but wrongly manifested/forwarded for Kathmandu, the carrier has to obtain necessary permission from the customs authorities at the airport to return it.
- Customs hours
- Summer period from 10.00-17.00 hrs, except on Saturdays and government holidays.
- Winter period from 10.00-16.00 hrs, except on Saturdays and government holidays.
- Via Customs Agents only. However, Personal effects can be cleared by the consignee and or custom agents.
|A. Products Banned from Export:|
|B. Products Under Quantitative Restrictions|
|Rice, Wheat, Gram, Black Peas, Rapeseed, Maize, Arahar, Lentil, Mustard, Yellow Mustard Seed, Poppy Seed, Raw Silk exceeding 100 kg without L/C. Products as notified by His Majesty’s Government in the Nepal Gazette, from time to time.|
|C. Products Allowed for Free Export:|
|All products other than listed in A. and B. above.|
|The Ministry of Commerce will decide from time to time, the goods to be included under the category of quantitative restrictions and volume of their exports. The Ministry of Commerce will interpret which of the products listed above, will be permitted to export.|
The Following are the conditions for accepting goods for Shipping: It is mandatory to provide us with detailed information on your intended shipment so as to render you our best possible services.
- When clearing personal items, the customers must attend the customs office with our staff during the clearing process.
- A copy of the customer’s passport and /or citizenship papers must be kept with the shipping documents.
- The customers and/or their suppliers must fill up a declaration form when goods are being delivered.
- When New York traders and Exporters is the shipper, New York Cargo must do the packing of the goods in our warehouse.
- When goods are delivered, and a Declaration form has been filled out, a thorough check must be carried out to verify whether they are correctly matched and are complete.
- An information form must be completed for each customer’s shipment.
- Please notify us beforehand if you have any fragile or anything which needs special packing.
- New York Cargo will only pick up goods from the supplier’s shop, factory or warehouse. Deliveries from outside addresses will not be accepted.
- We will only accept goods that are accompanied by a supplier’s bill with supplier’s name, company name, address, customer’s name and duly stamped by the supplier.
- If a supplier does not have his own bill then whoever delivers the goods must fill in the declaration form & countersign accordingly.
The following are the list of items that require special written permission from the concerned government departments before export.
- Department of Archaeology – any bronze, brass, copper or silver statue, any thanka paintings, illustrated manuscripts, wooden masks or woodcarvings and other carved goods.
- Department of Veterinary Science- the meat, skin or flesh (dried or otherwise) of wild or domestic animals.
- Department of National Parks & Wildlife – skulls, horns, tails, hooves or other body parts of domestic animals.
- Quarantine Department – plants, flowers.
- Mine Department – stones (rocks).
- Department of Forest – incense powder, rudrakshi beads.
- Plant Resource Department – Ayurvedic/herbal oil/marc/extracts/crude.
- Air Cargo Tariff(should be paste directly from website)
- Fuel Surcharge
- Request Quotation
- Download (Agreement Form)
- Contact us
Consignments has to be packed adequately
Package in a consignment must show exact weight, airport of destination, consignment and shipper’s name and address, MAWB number and HAWB number in case of consolidated shipment.
Via Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sharjah, Karachi, Dubai, Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Varanasi, Patna and Khasa, Abudhabi, Kualalumpur, Bangalore.
Language of Documents in English
Commercial Invoices showing: numbers of import license, country of origin, specific description of goods customs tariff numbers, CIF value (if no CIF prices in invoice: specification of the transportation charges must be attached otherwise Nepalese customs increase the dutiable invoice amount by 10%) or more depending upon the current regulations implemented by them.
Import license, required for all imports, except: samples up to NPR 116.00 advertising material and gifts up to NPR 116.00, replacement goods gratuitously supplied. Only a small number of articles are falling under the open General License.
Certificate of origin required only if The goods arrive from places other than the country of origin. The country of origin cannot be identified by the goods themselves. The certificate must be signed by shipper and visaed by the chamber of commerce or a Nepalese Consulate.
Packing list: for consignment consisting of more than 1 package.
Without commercial value: pro forma invoice marked “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”. Value of samples must be shown for customs purposes. Import of samples may be allowed by the customs authorities without import license. if, The value does not exceed the amount as prescribed by customs.
The import is made by post parcel or by airfreight parcel and the importer is a registered manufacturer/exporter and produces evidence to this effect to the customs authorities at the time of clearance. However, the value of samples will depend upon the prevailing rules of customs.
With Commercial value 2.2.1. To facilities clearance, packages should be marked.
Description of samples Value and quantity of contents, Whether samples are to be paid for or are free.
Note: (Samples unfit for use or sale are duty-free provided they are marked “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”. Valuable samples may be imported temporarily under bond or deposit depending upon the restrictions imposed by the customs from time to time.)
A statement by shipper certifying that the consigned to …..(name of country), and giving contents and value. No import license is required, provided the goods originate from an Asian country and do not exceed a value of NPR 116.00.
The goods originate from a European country and do not exceed a value NPR 116.00
Detailed lists of contents and value:
Landing certificate to be obtained by passenger upon arrival, signed by customs authorities at port of landing valid for 2 months from date of issue, i.e. date of passenger’s arrival: extension by 2 months for valid reasons. Baggage from “G” issued by customs airport of landing, to be completed by passenger.
Documentation is the main cause of transit problem. If your document is properly maintained, you will get immediate and quick action. New York Cargo verifies and maintains all required document so that your consignment will not be delayed due to document. We prepare fully computerized documents and council the necessary documents relating to importing and exporting proactively. Managed documents eliminate 90% Hassles in operation.
Procedure for Exporting Commercial Goods
The customers or the suppliers must duly complete the Information Form & complete other documentation for preparing the shipment. Then we will assign a unique NYC.REF NO (New York Cargo reference No.) and S.B.NO (Shipment Booking No.). This process is expected to take 15-20 minutes.
- A copy of the customer’s passport of citizenship must be filed with the shipping documents.
- If a customer wants to use us (New York Traders and Exporters/) as the shipper, then traveller’s cheque or foreign currency has to be deposited into our account which should be equivalent to purchase price of intended goods. Once we have been provided an advance payment certificate from the bank, you will be provided Nepalese rupees to commence your buying. This procedure is obligatory for export. Either you can pay your suppliers direct or we can pay them on your behalf.
- If a customer wants to be a shipper, he/she must be present along with passport while clearing the Nepalese customs and has to provide us the foreign currency exchange receipt from the bank, which should be an equivalent to the goods you have purchased.
- In order to pick up goods, a customer has to fill out a Pick-up Form provided by New York Cargo and has to inform us at least 24 hrs in advance. New York Cargo will pick up the goods from the supplier’s shop, factory, warehouse or hotel. Deliveries from outside addresses will not be accepted.
- When New York Traders and Exporters is the shipper, New York Cargo must do all the packing of your goods in our warehouse.
- We will only accept goods that are accompanied by a supplier’s bill with supplier’s name, company name, address, customer’s name and duly stamped by the supplier. If a customer has no bill for the goods which he/she has purchased from different suppliers, then he/she has to fill the Invoice provided by New York Cargo.
- You are required to inform us of fragile items as they may require special attention/packaging.
- Handling charges for your goods depend on the types of goods and your packaging requirements.
Documents Required For Export Clearance
- Custom Declaration Form
- Packing List
- Certificate of origin
- GSP certificate if applicable
- Foreign Exchange declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank
- Copy of letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank
- Copy of Firm/ Company Registration Certificate
- Copy of Income Tax Registration Certificate or VAT Registration
- Airway Bill
- Letter of authority to clear the consignment
All the above documents except of No. 9 and additional following documents are required for export to third country by sea/land
- Transport manifesto, one copy per truck (for sea cargo)
- Custom transit declarations (for sea cargo)
- Transit declaration invoice for goods in transit via India/Bangladesh to third country destination (for sea cargo).
If you don’t have time to visit our office in Nepal, you can also make your order by Fax/ Email but following things should be taken in consideration:
- Details of item of your order with price and the name of the vendor/manufacturer/ shop.
- An estimated delivery date and day on which you expect us to ship your goods (also indicate how urgent your order is).
- Your name, company name, full address, telephone/fax/email and the name of the nearest international airport. Please specify your custom broker if any.
- Once the order is confirmed in writing and delivery date is set, 50% costs of goods must be sent. The remaining 50% plus our handling charge (depends on types of goods and total invoice value) must be paid within one week prior to shipment date.
- Freight charges: we can either arrange pre-paid freight or freight collect. In the pre-paid arrangement, we will pay the freight and charge you later. In the freight collect arrangement, you will have to pay directly to the airlines when collecting your consignments.
- The quality & specification of your goods must be agreed between you and the supplier. We will not be responsible for the quality issues. However, we can arrange for a local party which will act as your professional QC on your behalf. If you are interested in the QC service, please write to us.
A general agreement form to prevent misunderstandings.
Anything you need to deliver, in any corner of the world
Get Your Quote in about 10 Minutes. It’s quick and easy – and your information is secure or