The following are the list of items that require special written permission from concerned government departments before export in Nepal. These items include:
- Department of Archaeology: any bronze, brass, copper or silver statue, any Thanka paintings, illustrated manuscripts, wooden masks or woodcarvings and other carved goods.
- Department of Veterinary Science: the meat, skin or flesh (dried or otherwise) of wild or domestic animals.
- Department of National Parks & Wildlife: skulls, horns, tails, hooves or other body parts of domestic animals.
- Quarantine Department: plants, flowers.
- Mine Department: stones (rocks).
- Department of Forest: incense powder, rudrakshi beads.
- Plant Resource Department: Ayurvedic/herbal oil/marc/extracts/crude. It is important to note that these regulations may change over time and it is always recommended to check with the relevant authorities and/or the embassy of the country of destination before exporting these items.